Birmingham City…the ‘no go zone’ of the UK, according to FOX News’ security ‘expert’, Steve Emerson.
Birmingham, I have been there once or twice in my time, can’t say I recall there being a an issue with not being white, though not being fully white myself detractors will probably pull me up on that. Birmingham is culturally diverse. Over 1 million people live there (the mid-2012 estimate was somewhere around the 1,085,400 mark) following the last census in 2011 the cultural make up of Birmingham was as follows;
(Taken from Birmingham City Council website)
- Around 42% of our residents were from an ethnic group other than White.
- 46.1% of Birmingham residents said they were Christian, 21.8% Muslim and 19.3% had no religion.
- 22% of our residents were born outside the UK, compared with 14% in England and 11% in the West Midlands region.
And the city is growing –
- Since 2001 the population has increased by almost 100,000 (10.2%). This is an average rate of 0.9% per year.
- The population increase over the last decade is associated with more births, fewer deaths and international migration.
Closer inspection of the census shows that the other religious make up includes Sikh, Buddhist and others. There is much work to be done by the so-called ‘radical Islamists’ if they want to over throw the more than 750,000 ‘infidels’ in town, and that’s if every single one of them wanted to, which they don’t!
So what is security ‘expert’ Steve Emerson’s problem? He says it is “too late for Europe, we have lost control.”
The comments by Emerson have been quickly retracted with a grovelling, written apology. But the damage has been done. People today, more than ever, are audio and visually stimulated. Emerson has twice in a week slated Europe, telling viewers of Rupert Murdoch’s FOX News that European countries are overrun and ruled by Sharia Law. A simple written apology, most likely on the back of a fag packet, is not good enough. When the requirement by Muslims from Rupert Murdoch is full accountability for the Paris shootings, how can this be an acceptable retraction?
The Steve Emerson wet fart is just another, in a long line of examples, of fear and hate mongering of Islam and minorities by the Murdoch media empire. When we learn to boycott not just The Sun, but the rest of his media empire, we might be able to start redressing the balance of information sharing. For now though thankfully we have Twitter. See #foxnewsfacts for some funny retorts to the villainous NewsCorp.